Monday, October 12, 2009

SCHOOL

Last week was Charlotte's first day of School in our district. She has spread her wings and is asserting her little independent nature in a classroom full of 3-5 year olds that tower over her petite little self. Her teacher, Mrs. Dorsey and her "shadow"/helper, Ms. Felicia have been so eager to welcome Charlotte into the classroom. She has adjusted well and is learning the in's and out's of Pre-K. We are learning right along with her. One of the biggest changes we have had to make is her bedtime routine. No more 8:00-8:30 bedtimes... it is 7pm, lights out now. She has been very compliant since she is exhausted from getting up at 6:45am with Mommy & Daddy 5 days a week. We hope much progress is made this year and can't wait to see what is in store for her.
Our designated "first day of school" picture spot for years to come


So excited about her first day at her "new school".

This week, Charlotte began riding the bus because the children returned from "cycle break" and the Early Childhood Center is on that type of schedule too. I was happy to have the day off work today to take some paparazzi pictures of her getting on and off of the bus for the first time. (What a big girl she is). I didn't want her to see me and get confused or over dramatic about what she was doing. Often, just mom or dad being around, things are more dramatic. I talked to the teacher about it today when I picked her up and they said she was VERY excited to ride the bus. When I saw her at pick up tonight, she was telling me all about it!

She seemed a little more unsure at drop off, not knowing the people there as well, or where she was. I hope that as the week goes on, she will get the hang of the routine.

Proud Parents
Mom & Dad

3 comments:

Lisa P said...

Oh my gosh. Your bus pics almost made me cry! I can't believe we will be doing that next year with Nate when he starts Kindergarten! What a big girl you have to ride that bus like a pro!

Anonymous said...

I've been anxiously waiting to hear how she did! Glad to hear that it's going so well!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

What a big girl riding the school bus! Her hair is getting long! I love reading your posts on here and keep up on the happenings in STL. Love ya!
Angie Stonner