Monday, October 12, 2009

Elemental Memories - by Lisa Laverty


Lisa Laverty, the designer of EM Jewelry, heard about our story and Ryan through Danielle Smith, the author of the blog, ExtraordinaryMommy.com. She was very thoughtful and offered to make a piece of jewelry for Chris and myself. We were very thankful for what she sent to us and asked permission to promote her beautiful work on our site. Please, take time to look at the other pieces of jewelry that are available on her site and the beautiful pieces she made for us below.

This is the "Buds to Bloom Photo Tile Necklace" It is gorgeous. She had me send her a photo to place on the tile. The photo I chose is one I will cherish forever, of our four hands, Ryan's, Charlotte's, mine and Chris'. This picture is also framed and on our mantle at home. She also had me choose a word for the silver metal charm. It reads "Faith". To me, the beads signify my children and God's presence in my life, always. I love this piece of jewelry now in my collection and will wear it often.

This is the "Boston Locket", what Chris chose. Again, he was able to pick whatever picture he wanted. It is a small wooden box that also comes with a scroll inside it to write a message on. He keeps it in his pocket. It can also come as a key chain. The tile picture is very sharp and not distorted.
View of the box and tile.
Thank you, Lisa Laverty, for your generous gifts. These pieces are so beautiful and it means so much to us both to have them. You are truly a kind woman.

The Hawns

No comments: