Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sprucing Up

We had a great weekend getting projects done around the house. They have multiplied over the past few months, but this weekend, it felt like we got A LOT done. Here are some pictures of what has been going on in the Hawn household...

We hung Charlotte's name and this is also one of the pieces of furniture we refinished. We got it for a great price on Craig's list, sanded, primed and repainted all of the furniture. A headboard was included too, but Charlotte is sleeping on a mattress on the floor for safety reasons... Her letters are going to be covered in the fabric from the quilt I am working on, but I want to finish the quilt before I use fabric I might need!!
Her dresser and mirror....

We ordered this "butterfly chandelier" and these butterfly decals...

A broad picture of Charlotte's big girl room. We also constructed and covered the cornice this weekend and hung her curtains. They are the curtains that were in her old room...

This is 2 of the blocks for her new quilt for her big girl bed. I love the fabrics and they are what most of the "color" in the room is coming from. I will be working hard to get the top finished soon before it gets too cold, and can't wait to see how it looks in her room. The name of the pattern is "Queen Charlotte's Crown". It was given to me by Chris' Aunt Joyce just after Charlotte was born, and I immediately knew I would make it for her someday...


Chris and I (since it was a 2 person job) hung the cabinet in our bathroom...

The first wall of the shower went in.... this has me absolutely thrilled! You can also see the tile is completely done and Chris is sealing the grout as I type.

And the new baby isn't left out as we picked out new curtains (I secretly had been looking for new curtains for the past 2 years and hadn't found any I liked until recently) and also made a cornice and hung it this weekend.

Obviously, we have much more to do, but it felt so GREAT to accomplish so much.

The Hawns

No comments: