Sunday, May 1, 2011

Home Rest

I am refusing to call it bed rest because there is no part of me that is staying totally confined to bed or the couch. However, I have been recently advised by my Dr. that work is no longer on my agenda until after this baby is born. I am 30 weeks pregnant, and after a very eventful weekend of contractions last week, that continued throughout the week and landed me in the hospital for a few hours on Wednesday evening after 2 FULL days of rest, the decision was officially made.

Hmmm... did I see this coming, yes. Was I in denial that it would actually happen, yes. But, if I kept the pace I was keeping, I know I would be kicking myself for an even earlier delivery than our other two children. So, I have plenty of time to catch up on blogging :) and reading, and sewing, and anything else that can keep me entertained while sitting. However, I am not limiting myself so much that I drive myself crazy, within reason of course. I know that after I shower, I need to sit for a while, or after any other task that may keep me on my feet for more than half an hour. It is amazing to me, how good I feel now that I am not constantly banging out contractions, but how little it takes to get me there too.

So, the good news is that maybe if I put my time in now at home, we will put in less time in the NICU! We are hoping for another 5 weeks minimum. Anything beyond that will be celebrated and hopefully will allow us to take our baby home from the hospital with us for the first time!

Jenn

No comments: