Monday, October 12, 2009

Ryan's Grave

In the business of my day, I found time to take a few moments at Ryan's grave today. I brought him some beautiful sunflowers and other fall arrangements to place in a vase near his grave. This is only a temporary vase until the permanent memorial is placed, which will have a vase on it. Since I was there last, a lot more grass has grown to nearly cover his grave. As I stood there today, I couldn't stop thinking about how this is the closest I will ever be again to his physical body, which was so beautiful to me. He seemed so close, yet so out of reach as I stood above him today. I prayed again that he would come see me soon. Oh, how I miss him.





~Jenn

3 comments:

Samantha said...

beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing these with us!

Joni Sampel said...

I know how hard you pray to see him in your dreams. When Piper died, I begged and pleaded to be with her all the time, I begged for her to come to me in my dreams, but she never did. Time passed and when I had started to heal she came to me. I was pregnant with my daughter Abigail, and scared to death it would happen again, and I would lose another baby. In my dream, I saw the most beautiful little girl, I couldn't see her face, but I could just feel the peace in her presence. I was sitting on a rocking chair, rocking a baby, and this little angel was standing near me. She had the most beautiful golden brown hair, she was about 3 or 4. She was stroking the side of the baby's face. She looked at me, and said "it's going to be okay mama, the baby is going to be fine." She turned and walked away from me. IT was the single only moment she has ever come to me, and I cling to that one very peaceful very important moment. I know it was her telling me everything was going to be okay, and she was okay. It really helped. I pray that someday Ryan will come to you. It may be when you least expect it, but he's going to come to you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to move forward and work through you grief.

John & Kelly said...

What beautiful flowers. I'm glad you are finding time to spend with Ryan.

Love you :)