Tuesday, January 15, 2013

SMA

  I am compelled to write this post.  I have learned of at least 3 families in the past month who have been recently diagnosed with this disease.  Ryan's birthday is this month.  I can relive many events in his life as if they were yesterday.  He is on my mind each day, and with every new family that I hear about that is struggling with this disease, my heart aches for all of the hardship that I know is in their future. 
  SMA is real.  It is the disease that no one knows about, no one believes can happen to them, and no one wants to happen to their children.  If you have a family history, please take time to learn about testing for yourself, or your children.  I am reminded much too often that this disease is affecting families all the time, and I feel it is my duty, on behalf of Ryan, to encourage others to at the very least, be informed.  Please visit www.fmsa.org or www.mda.org for more information.  Also, please feel free to contact me via email with any questions.  jennhawn@gmail.com

Jenn

No comments: