Sunday, June 28, 2009

Things Look A Little Different This Morning

After an eventful night with Ryan, up from 1-2:30 AM battling O2 sat drops for unknown cause, **probably due to a mucous plug. Then up again at 4 AM for the same thing and up for good with kids at 7AM, Chris and I were beat. We had planned on getting a lot done today, lawn mowing and such. But, after such a long night, we could barely pry ourselves off of the couch to eat breakfast.

We finally thought that a walk would do us all good, especially since the cool front had come through. So, I took a step out our back patio door to test the temp and make sure the heat wave had broke enough to safely take Ryan out. To my surprise, our backyard looked much different...




Not only was our backyard transformed, but so was our daughter. Yesterday, I took Charlotte to get her hair trimmed because I was tired of seeing her bangs that we were trying to grow out, in her face. It was a noble effort, but she just can't keep pony tails or clips in her hair right now. It is too fine. So, I gave in and took her to get it cut. I wasn't brave enough to do it myself, worried I would mess it up. As I was getting her dressed this morning and brushing her hair and teeth, she looked so grown up.



Ryan wanted to be transformed too since he turned 5 MONTHS old yesterday... What do you think?



The Hawns

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlote looks so beautiful. Great haircut!!!!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

I've been thinking about you and your family a lot lately. Even though we've never met, I feel so much love and compassion for you and wish there was something I could do to fix all your problems and woes. I was wondering if your church has Stephen Ministry? I am just finishing up training for it at our Methodist Church in the Austin area and think you might be interested in having a Stephen Minister and maybe one for Chris as well. I've been told that there are churches nationwide with the program and even if it isn't at your church, you can get a Stephen Minister from another congregation too. Stephen Ministry is a caring ministry, a ministry that connects the hurting with someone to hold their hand and just BE with them as they get through whatever it is they are dealing with. Just an idea. Here is a link to some information about it, I'm not sure if will actually direct you to a church that has the program, but it does at least have a contact us link.
http://www.stephenministries.org/

Hope that helps some. Take care of yourself and know that you are a wonderful wonderful mother.

God bless,
Leslie

Ellen said...

Charlotte's haircut looks beautiful! She looks so old.

I was watching the news this morning and they had a family on with a 4 mo old daughter with SMA. They talked about how they wanted to be involved in a trial treatment for SMA. They don't say much about it on the website, but I thought you might want to hear about it.
http://sophiascure.com/sophiascure/