Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pregnancy Updates...

So far, things are going very well... A few weeks ago I began having a lot of contractions... and attributed it to doing too much and lifting Charlotte too much. When the contractions persisted and my lower back began hurting, despite trying to do less (let's face it, I have a 2 year old...it isn't possible) and staying off of work for 1 week, the Dr. decided to put me on procardia (a medication used to stop the contractions) as needed. So far, I only take it when I am having them, and it seems to help quite a bit. I went to the Dr. today and so far there isn't any reason to think Little Hawn #2 will be joining us any time soon. We have one more test result to get back this afternoon, but so far so good. I am still only working 2 days a week but when I come home on those nights, I can definitely tell that I have more contractions. We didn't do any growth measurements today, but I can assure you, I AM growing a healthy baby and belly... My next ultrasound is Jan 2nd. Until then, I will be seeing my Dr. every 2 weeks as long as things remain calm...

Chris and I are very optimistic, especially with good results today... I CAN wait to see this "big" little one....

The Hawns

No comments: